Chris Rose, PResident
1. Prior to Cairn Partners, what was the most unusual or interesting job you have ever had?
At one time in College I worked in construction over Christmas Break to make some extra cash and learned how to be a “Powder Monkey”. I was in charge of drilling into bedrock and setting explosives to clear the ground for new construction.
2. How do you balance your career at Cairn Partners and family?
That is a tough question. My family may say I do not. When not traveling, I always go to my daughters’ sporting events and extracurricular activities. We take at least one long family vacation every year. Owning a business is like having an extra child. It takes a lot of nurturing and attention. Thankfully, I have the best team in the business to make work fun and exciting every day!
3. What are 3 words you use that best describes Cairn Partners?
There is only one word that describes Cairn Partners: Pro’s
4. What is your proudest moment at Cairn Partners?
When I decided to form Cairn Partners, I talked to my colleagues and relationships I had forged over the years and they were all very supportive in the new endeavor. I was very proud that they trusted me with their future.
5. Are you messy or organized?
6. Favorite line from a movie
“A man's life in these parts often depends on a mere scrap of information”, Clint Eastwood, A Fistful of Dollars
7. If Hollywood made a movie about your life, who would play you?
8. If you could interview one person (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Clint Eastwood. He’s just the best…period
9. If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 things would you bring?
A Swiss Army Knife, a metal pot and a very large boat
10. What would the title of your autobiography be?
“Good things happen to bad people”
11. People would be surprised if they knew?
I’ve been in 2 plane crashes
12. Three words that your friends would use to describe you?
Professional, Direct, Generous
13. What are your hopes for our profession?
I hope we can learn to adapt to the needs of our customers
14. Motto or personal mantra?
Go Big or Go Home
15. What celebrity do most people think you look like?
16. Three things on your bucket list?
Fly Fish in Argentina, New Zealand and Belize
17. What is the weirdest thing you have ever eaten?
Pigs Blood Soup in The Philippines
18. What is a phobia you have?
I am not fond of Snakes
19. What do you want to be remembered for?
Making a difference
20. You are happiest when….
I am Fly Fishing